It is in complete safety and conviviality that our State Patent certified instructors will provide stand up paddle courses and courses on the Biscarrosse water bodies.
Thanks to the entire HOYA SURF SCHOOL team, enjoy learning to surf and stand up paddle on the Landais water bodies with the maximum possible pleasure.
Along the lakes, between forests, by the ocean …
SUP is a sport of rowing while standing on a large surfboard with a paddle.
This sport is not that new. In the 1940s, it was the Duke Kahanamoku and the Beach Boys of Waikiki, Hawaii, who used large planks made of wood to catch waves and photograph tourists in the line-up.
The environment of Biscarrosse lends itself particularly well to this activity with its lakes, its pond and its canals allowing to practice stand up paddle in any condition.
Our instructors will take you to the calmest possible body of water and protected from the wind for ease.
This activity is accessible to everyone from 5 to 99 years old.
Learning to stand up paddle remains a difficult activity in the ocean. The Hoya SUP school mainly initiates and offers courses at Lake Biscarrosse in calm water.
The SUP Hoya team consists of a qualified instructor as well as a secretary from March 15 to November 15. During the two summer months of July & August, the school hires a person to transport the young people to the lakes.
The human resources thus put in place make it possible to meet all expectations in perfect safety conditions and guarantee good educational follow-up, as well as a good reception of the public.
The main structure is located on the Place de l’Océan, fitted out as a reception point, showers and secure man / woman changing rooms allowing participants to store their personal effects.
The secondary structure is located at the entrance to the Campéole le vivier campsite, fitted out as a reception point and a starting point in order to better distribute the surf / stand up participants.
All the instructors are holders in addition to the BNSSA (national certificate of safety and aquatic rescue), of the State patent of Sports Educator Surf or of the Professional Certificate of Youth and Popular and Sports Education option surf, or are in training in the process of acquiring one of these two state certificates or holders of a specific surf and / or bodyboard qualification.
The monitors follow a continuous check before the start of the season by the Biscarrosse Olympique Rescue and First Aid, linked to accidents likely to occur during their exercise.
Each instructor has a safety bag containing:
• First aid kit
• Oxygen therapy unit (in the event of a closed first-aid station located at the reception point)
The Hoya Surf school is equipped with stand up boards for all levels.
For beginners we have foam boards, adapting to all sizes.
Once the basics are acquired and the participants are able to take a course in the ocean, we can continue learning on more technical epoxy or resin SUPs.
We have adjustable paddles that adapt to any size.
Life jackets of all sizes are available.
Wetsuits are also available in many sizes and thicknesses depending on the season, which provides students with appreciable comfort during practice. For the colder periods of the year, the school provides slippers.
Hoya surf school welcomes a diverse audience throughout the year. We set up a pedagogy adapted to all types of public and to all age groups from 5 years old (school groups, associations, town halls, individuals).
One of HOYA’s objectives is to transmit respect for educational and environmental concepts related to the practice of surfing and stand up paddleboarding.
• Young people must be made aware of the preservation of the environments in which the practice of surfing and SUP is carried out (lakes, ocean). The Hoya team helps them acquire the basics of environmental reasoning, teaches them the notion of respect for others and teaches them the specific instructions for their activity to ensure their safety.
• HOYA school is committed to educating its students about respecting and protecting nature because the activity is an ecological practice.
• The transmission of sporting objectives is linked to the code of ethics of the French Surf Federation label.
One of the priorities of the Surf school is to teach young people to live together by accepting the rules imposed by community life. The school acts in complementarity with the family and educational places (schools, colleges, etc.).
Our qualified and experienced educational team has as priorities:
• Promote socialization, exchange, autonomy.
• Respect adults and other young people during activity sessions.
• Learn to respect the rules.
• Be uncompromising when it comes to behavior that does not conform to established rules.
It is on the values of stand up paddleboarding that we rely on to achieve these goals.
The courses allow the teaching team to convey the following intentions:
• Be able to master specific information related to the aquatic environment and meteorological conditions.
• Appropriate the regulations in force for the practice of SUP.
• The transmission of sporting objectives in connection with the ethical charter of the French Surfing Federation.
• To be able to analyze the environment and the conditions for safe SUP practice.
• Be able to choose your equipment according to the conditions of practice and the weather.
• To assimilate the techniques related to the practice of SUP according to his level of practice and his capacities.